20th October 2011, 17:36 #1
Interview tips from Microsoft
Received an interview call from Microsoft perhaps for a position or for an internship/ Here are tips and suggestions which Microsoft has to offer to all its prospective employees:
- Be ready to discuss your strengths, expertise and any experience that appears on your resume.
- Review what you know, such as the job description. Look online for websites, blogs and other online communities related to the group or position.
- Come prepared with 3 to 5 meaningful questions for your interviewers. Questions demonstrate your understanding, interests and passions. So don't hold back.
- Interviewing can be intense both physically and mentally. To be at your best on interview day, make sure you are well-rested.
- Dress comfortably. We're interested in you, not what you wear.
- Relax and be yourself. It's easier said than done, but we want to meet the real you.
- We're interested in how your mind works. Be ready to show your thinking and explain how you came up with a solution to a technical issue, design question, or problem-solving puzzle.
- Remember, your interview is an opportunity for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you. Ask questions. Listen. Learn.
All the best!