Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK

Thread: How to write a Resume - Tips from Microsoft

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

Default How to write a Resume - Tips from Microsoft

You've honed your resume to a fine polish. These tips from Microsoft may still be helpful.

1. Summarize your relevant education, experience, and projects. Skip the things that are outdated or irrelevant.
    2. Highlight your accomplishments in previous jobs or projects, not just your duties or responsibilities. Everyone has job duties; it’s how you approached them and what you accomplished in carrying them out that makes you stand out.
    3. Show progression. Whether it’s in school, leadership roles or your work, highlight how your experience has helped you grow.
    4. Talk about related extracurricular or volunteer work. Just because you weren’t paid for it, that doesn’t mean it’s not important!
    5. Include links to projects you’ve worked on. This gives the recruiter a better idea of how you put your skills into practice.
    6. It’s okay to use more than one page. That said, be sure your summaries are succinct and relevant—and your most important information appears on the first page.
    7. Make sure your resume and contact information is completely up-to-date. To be safe, also include non-school contact info so we can reach you on breaks or after graduation.
    8. Be honest. Paint the best possible picture of yourself, but don’t exaggerate. And proofread for typos and errors—more than once!
    9. Use our resume builder. If you’re still a little unsure what you should include—and what to leave out—get it right with our resume builder, which you can access once you begin the application process. This tool will help you build a solid resume, step-by-step.
    Mjj likes this.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Do you have a link to this on Microsoft? Where is the "resume builder" located that is referenced in item 9?

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

No, I didn't have the link but found it here subsequently: https://careers.microsoft.com/Resumes.aspx

Sourced from: Microsoft University Careers - Résumé Tips
    Mjj likes this.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Thank you. I see it is specifically for creating a resume to submit as part of a job application at Microsoft. I thought it was a general tool and was going to provide the link to someone. I'll just suggest they select a template from Microsoft Office.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Nice find Andy! I often make CV(s)/Resume(s) for my friends using Office Templates; trying these tips would be interesting. thanks for share.

sanath123 is offline New Member

I really appreciate to the author for posting such a great resume writing tips.

Mjj
    Mjj is offline Beginner

Thanks a lot ,. great for someone like me who will need this in future !
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    No, I didn't have the link but found it here subsequently: https://careers.microsoft.com/Resumes.aspx

Sourced from: Microsoft University Careers - Résumé Tips

pooja111 is offline New Member

Default How to write a Resume?

Resume is the most important part of Job application past . A Resume written a brief summery of job application past , Employment detail , education and other information. A well written and formatted Resume to tells the employer that lot of professionalism and improve the chance of receiving interview.
    10 tips of How to write a Resume:
    1 .find a job in your resume
    2. List keywords to your Resume
    3.Choose a Resume format
    4.Your Resume heading
    5.Your Resume job objective
    6.Your summery of qualification
    7.Your work experience
    8.Your Resume achievement statement
    9.Listing education on your Resume
    10.community service and other Lists on your Resume