Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vasudev

Thread: If your Laptop had just seconds to Boot up....

vasudev is offline Moderator

Default If your Laptop had just seconds to Boot up....

Intersting video!
    "We threw a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop out of a plane at 12,500 feet. Crazy? Maybe. But this extreme, real-time demonstration shows how RapidBoot gives equipped Lenovo computers the unique ability to boot up in just seconds."

Lenovo "Boot Or Bust" Air Drop - YouTube

Will be intersting to see a Windows 8 laptop with much faster Boot up time !
    Last edited by vasudev; 29th May 2012 at 01:17. Reason: trying to embed video
    HappyAndyK likes this.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

I haven't watched the video, but it this a cold boot or a wake from hibernation?

NM: Watched it. Cold boot. Nice. Plenty of time to spare. Awesome part is, I use the same laptop for work! Rugged little thing, too. Probably didn't need the chute.

SSD's can really make a system fly!
    Last edited by DustinH; 29th May 2012 at 02:44.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Here is my video showing how fast Windows 8 boots - even in Virtual Box - and this is real time, no edits at all: Start Win8 in vBox1.wmv - YouTube

DustinH is offline Senior Member

20 second video and I was impressed. Having half of that the VirtualBox load and final little bit dropped it down quite a bit. That's a FAST boot! SSD? I've got it running on a standard laptop HDD, and it's not that fast (probably around 25 seconds from power on to start screen).

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Here is my video showing how fast Windows 8 boots - even in Virtual Box - and this is real time, no edits at all: Start Win8 in vBox1.wmv - YouTube

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Yes, the Windows 7 host is operating from a 60GB M4 SSD. Plus you may have noticed that I automated the login with netplwiz.