Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SysOp

Thread: Are We Allowed To...

KrazeeCris is offline New Member

Default Are We Allowed To...

Talk about and discuss pirate/modded customizations of Windows OS's here?

I know some forums you bring that up and get smackdowned by admin's with a big no no and how bad those types of OS's are et cetera et cetera.

So I thought I'd ask before posting.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Nope. No talking of pirated material.

Sorry.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Pirating is stealing and as such a criminal act. No decent forum will allow you to discuss that.

(post content removed)
    Last edited by KrazeeCris; 30th May 2012 at 01:56.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

So, you're being forced to pay Microsoft and Apple? If they are forcing you, then that's not right. I can't believe that they would force you to pay them to use their product and have it supported. Wal-mart makes you pay for their goods, too?! What is this world coming to?! </sarcasm>

There are some good modded Microsoft OS's out there. I wouldn't run them, as I like to mod mine myself (using skin packs, modded DLL's, etc.). But, there are some great ones out there. Not legit, though.

<Begin Flamer Mode>haha!! Here we go.... Time to break it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinH View Post
    So, you're being forced to pay Microsoft and Apple?
    Technically yes, there is no doubt at all that Microsoft and Apple are two of the biggest names that sell all alone because the name sells itself, let's not forget to mention most user friendly... Well then we also have planned obsolescence, so to keep up with these two guys you almost have no choice but to follow along with whatever they say goes, no matter how good of a product they put out or had put out in the past. The normal sheep don't stop and ask why, they just gripe and keep going along with everything. To further this of being true, why don't they sell machines with XP on it anymore, or why don't they support anything from before XP? Surely there's a small handful of machines that they sell that comes with XP, but the newer stuff overflows those products, people see it and pass it up. Then they 5ucker up and buy the new stuff, look at Vista and I'll also add look at how many people wanted so badly to go back to XP after which. Thanks, point proven!
    If they are forcing you, then that's not right. I can't believe that they would force you to pay them to use their product and have it supported.
    ha! I know right? That's why I say Pirates ahoy! LoL

Really to me it's the only way to get the OS I want, the exact way I want it.

Mind you I'm keeping Linux out of the case here, cause fact is you could prolly ask 5 people on the street what Linux is and 1 person might know what it is.
    Wal-mart makes you pay for their goods, too?! What is this world coming to?! </sarcasm>
    Well technically if there's nothing else close by, then yes? LoL! I've lived in the sticks of the boonies, so I speak from experience about that. I have also worked at Wal-mart, and yes they're an evil corporation in my mind. Did ya know the employee's have their own smoke room inside the break room? Right there, feeding into the addictions to keep ya coming back to them and spending your money there and only there. On top of that they really do destroy land to build more of their own stores, no I'm not gunna get all green peace hippie on ya here, but I'll tell you this little story. Okay we had a Wal-mart here forever, then up and out of nowhere they up and built another Wal-mart no less than a couple miles away on the same road too from the other store. The plans were to close down the old Wal-mart and turn it into their brother franchise Sam's Club, but when the mayor of our town found out he didn't approve of it and refused to give them zoming rights or something along the lines, so they couldn't do it. Now we have two huge Wal-mart's a couple miles away from eachother. WTF? LMMFAO!

There are some good modded Microsoft OS's out there. I wouldn't run them, as I like to mod mine myself (using skin packs, modded DLL's, etc.). But, there are some great ones out there. Not legit, though.
    There's some mod's I run religiously so yeah I know that's what 5uck5, why aren't we allowed to run them, or customize them ourselves to our very likings. If WGA or whatever finds out about it, then you've got to pay for a license again... They claimed to allow you to keep running pirated versions of 7, but I've yet to see proof of this. Yup forced again! What I find hilarious was the story about the one guy who was caught modding Microsoft OS's, but instead of going to court and facing jail time, they actually hired him.

But thanks for assuming I said anyone had to use something for certain. When I did just mean, some people prefer free stuff, even if it is supposed to be paid. They'll take the risk if it's good enough and saves them a few hundred bucks, because after all it's only human nature to be greedy.

That's why I say, all hail the day ReActOS comes out finally with a stable build for daily use, I can't wait to see it and I can't wait to see MS kick and scream when it happens.</End Flamer Mode>
    Last edited by KrazeeCris; 30th May 2012 at 07:24.

SysOp is offline Forum Admin

@KrazeeCris It is immaterial whether we agree with your points or disagree.

As of now, you asked a question whether we can discuss pirated/modded customizations of Windows OS's here or not. The short answer is we can't. I guess the matter ends here for now. With due respect to your views, I am closing this thread. The point here is that this is not the right place for this discussion. Some day we'll meet on some other forum and argue/discuss over the issue.

Cheers!
    Corrine likes this.