Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    WinCustom is offline New Member

Cool Post your Desktop

December is now here.
    So let's see how you customized ur desktop.

Here is mine:
    YouTube - My Windows Vista Desktop Customisations.
    Last edited by WinCustom; 1st December 2009 at 04:37.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinCustom View Post
    December is now here.
    So let's see how you customized ur desktop.
    Welcome to the forum. Not sure if you are looking for feedback but;
    I didn't see anything here that seemed to be December or holiday specific.

I've seen almost all of the effects before in various commercial software and the spinning car would annoy me to no end. There's also something that I can't put my finger on, that makes it look like XP with Windowblinds to make it look like Windows 7... Nothing wrong with doing that, it just doesn't look like 7 to me, not sure why. Sorry not trying to be harsh, its a good start and the wallpaper is cool.

Hi

Well that is very strange of u to say that u have seen these in commercial before considering the fact that these are programs made by myself. I would really appreciate it if you could show where u saw such commercials.

I think u are exaggerating about 'the spinning car would annoy me to no end. '

I never used windowsblind and did not intend to make my vista (not xp) look like windows 7.

There is no mention of holiday or anything. I just thought that since it is the start of the month, and there has not been any 'post you desktop' post, then I thought I would start one!

Peace.
    Last edited by WinCustom; 1st December 2009 at 05:45.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Would help, if you shared which 3rd party freeware apps you used or how you achieved it.

leofelix is offline Member

Welcome aboard WinCustom
    December has just started and as usual I have the classic Windows desktop and I'm among those people who would like to know what 3rd party freeware you used
    Cheers
    Last edited by leofelix; 1st December 2009 at 12:34.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

WOW that was awesome can u tell us how did uy managed to create that spinning car

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Nice desktop there. Are you using Windows Blinds?

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Well I also have a seasoned desktop so I thought I would share.

WindowBlinds 7, Curser FX, and Desk Scapes 3.

Desk Scape is "Winter Snow" by Neil Banfield.
    Background photo is "Merry Christmas" by chopeh.
    WindowBlind is "White Christmas" by adni18.
    Curser is "BlackOps" by Mike Bryant.

Details from; http://www.wincustomize.com/, http://www.stardock.com/, and http://www.deviantart.com/#

Enjoy the Video. Jr

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

How wincustom achieved the spinning car using a well known app for skinners. Add 360 Degree Rotating Car Animation To Your Vista Start Menu
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 2nd December 2009 at 09:34.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinCustom View Post
    Well that is very strange of u to say that u have seen these in commercial before considering the fact that these are programs made by myself.

I think u are exaggerating about 'the spinning car would annoy me to no end.

I never used windowsblind and did not intend to make my vista (not xp) look like windows 7.

There is no mention of holiday or anything. I just thought that since it is the start of the month, and there has not been any 'post you desktop' post, then I thought I would start one!
    Ah gotcha.

I think since you mentioned Windowsblind in the word file that I thought you were using it.

I don't think I saw the spinning car in commercial software but the first time I saw that was around October of 2008 at: This site. Which gives the link back to the Deviant art site. Must be your Deviant site? No I'm not exaggerating about the car, but that doesn't mean other people won't like it.

The glide windows effects were mostly in WindowFX from Stardock (hard to see in the video) and they of course copied compiz-fusion on almost every effect. The slide to side windows thing, I don't remember the app name off hand but I'll try to find it again. I think it was an older version of goScreen. I vaguely remember a post a couple years ago about "Reveal Desktop" but I don't have the bookmark handy, I'll have to Google it. Maybe it was a post of yours?

If that is your Deviant site, mind if I ask why all the files are hidden?

Have a good one,
    Cith
    Last edited by Cithel; 1st December 2009 at 16:16.

You are indeed right Cithel.
    These effect is directly from the goScreen program but was written in another language considering the fact that goscreen is ( or was) a shareware.
    that deviant link it sent u back to, notice that in the link was written spazpunt, the one who posted the work we did on deviant art

spazpunt gave up on those as she lost interest in all these and was a bit depressed as well as despite sharing those, she kept receiving bad comments so she gave up.

Strange.I did have a version of windowsfx but apart from effects on windows creation and close, they never had any glide effect and they never release a version for Vista or 7

Yep that is right the glide effect is directly from compiz.

@johnny.rotton
    No offense but it would appear that u have lied cause I contacted spazpunt and she told me she never received any such emails from anyone regarding her being unhappy with me.

And as I told u in the private email u sent, both spazpunt and I made these programs and as such telling me that '(1) you contacted her and (2) she was very unhappy about me telling that these are my programs ' is nothing but a lie from your part am afraid.

Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last