BugMeNot is offline New Member

Post Windows 7 themepack with custom screensaver

Hello, I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me out.

I have made a theme in windows 7.
    In it I have custom cursors, custom screen saver, custom slideshow and custom coloring.

I have managed to get the saved for sharing themepack file to install the wallpaper slideshow and the coloring I want.

I can't get it to save my cursor pack or my screen saver.

So I made a self executing rar that start a batch file that installs the sursors before the themepack file, that part now work as a charm.

My problem is, I can't make it install the screen saver, and if I in my batch file copy the screen saver to system32 directory, I can't make the themepack activate it.

And if I after installation start the theme manager and change screen saver to the one I want, I get my thmepack + a new unsaved themepack.

If I then save the new themepack and delete the original themepack all images will be deleted from the wallpaper slideshow..

Is there any way I can make the themepack isntall the screen saver for me? Even though it's not a standard one from microsoft. And have it active by default in my theme. It is active in the template file.

template file.
    Code:
    [boot]
    SCRNSAVE.EXE=%SystemRoot%\system32\THEONE~1.SCR
    My custom batch file.
    Code:
    @echo off
    rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 %windir%\web\LOTRO_Wallpapers\3DYello2\INSTAL3Y.INF
    copy "%windir%\web\LOTRO_Wallpapers\The One Ring 3D Screensaver.scr" "%windir%\system32\The One Ring 3D Screensaver.scr" /Y
    reg add "hkcu\Control Panel\Desktop" /f /v SCRNSAVE.EXE /t reg_sz /d "C:\Windows\system32\THEONE~1.SCR"
    reg add "hkcu\Control Panel\Desktop" /f /v ScreenSaveTimeOut /t reg_sz /d 300
    start /B /MIN %windir%\web\LOTRO_Wallpapers\LOTRO-ThemePack.themepack
    rem rundll32.exe desk.cpl,InstallScreenSaver "%windir%\web\LOTRO_Wallpapers\The One Ring 3D Screensaver.scr" /s
    exit
    I hope someone can help me out here.

iMav is offline Gold Member

You don't need to make batch file or an installer file if you're adding:

Wallpapers
    Icons for My Computer, Recycle Bin, Control panel, Network
    Mouse Cursor
    Screen saver
    Sounds
    Shell Color

In the themes window right click on the Unsaved theme after you make all the changes and then select save for sharing. Share that file with others.

More details:

Windows 7 Resources (Built & How To On Themes & Connectors) | I'm Just Being Manan

BugMeNot is offline New Member

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I did a save theme after I had made all changes. Meaning cursors, screen saver, coloring, sound and wall paper slideshow.

Then I did save for sharing.

Then after I give that file to a friend, it can't be installed because the cursors and screen saver are not included in the themepack file.

Wallpaper images are included, shell color also works.

To get the darn filename.themepack file to install, I have to install the cursors and also add the screen saver file to win32 directory first.

If I open the filename.themepack file in powerarchiver or 7zip and browse through the included files, all that are in the pack is
    1 directory called " DesktopBackground " and 1 file called " LOTRO-The.theme " in the " DesktopBackground " only my images are included.
    And to my knowledge not even Windows 7 can create files that actually can do anything from just a list of filenames..

Am I doing something wrong here? Because after a save for sharing all seem to be included but screen saver file and cursors.
    Last edited by BugMeNot; 15th March 2010 at 16:17.