Plopper is offline Beginner

Default Windows Desktop Wallpapers as a Virtual Notice Board

Quite a while ago now on XP I had the idea of doing a virtual notice board as a Window's Wallpaper!

After getting Windows 7 a while back I realised that I could kinda' make it seem real?

I have over ten wallpapers all using the same base background of a cork notice board and each one has several differences in layout and content. I have the change delay set at 3 hours, so it SEEMS like it's really being used as a notice board!

To show you what I mean here are links to the images in my Themes folder!

Wallpaper pictures by ResiPlopper - Photobucket

They are personal to me, but if anybody wants to use them, or the idea please feel free, and I'd LOVE to see anything that you guys could come up with in a similar vain!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Cool concept; can really be developed to set routine reminders for the day too!

A little off-track, Display System Configuration on your Windows Desktop may also interest some.

Very nice mod that, I do some times have different Widgets intergrated into the Virtual Notice Board when the need or feeling takes me, like having the Calender on the board to remind me of something coming up. So really my Virtual Notice Board has in part become my real one too!

Zecom is offline Beginner

That looks very nice Plopper, great idea !

Thanx Zecom, I've had a go at a couple more ideas lately, but just little tweeks, whenever I come up with something worthwhile I'll post the resaults.