Space Cowb is offline New Member

Question Resize Windows 7 Start Menu Tool

I am looking for a tweak or tool to resize the height of win 7 start menu. The only way I've seen in the past was to patch and use a different theme which I would like to avoid with Win 7.

Is there a place to request such a tool or tweak?

Thanks

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Welcome to TWC, Space Cowb.

AFAIK, there is no such tool available to resize Windows 7 Start menu. You need to use either third-party themes or theme customization software (paid). If you want to resize the height, simply increase/decrease the number of items to be shown in Start menu.

Thanks

I have reduced it as fas as it will go. Was strange that when I first installed win 7 and made the adjustments the start menu was smaller than it is now?
    There is a lot of empty space still.

I was hoping someone would come up with a tool or tweak for this as I have seen others requesting this ability to size the start menu.

Thanks
    Space Cowboy

Default http://attachments.techguy.org/attachments/64273d1127264337/untitled.jpg

Tried that .. No go .. I have had to pin programs to the start menu just to take up some of the empty space on the left side. Right side I only use ..

Computer
    Control Panel
    Devices
    Run

Untill someone makes a tool or tweak the only way I've seen to make it smaller is to apply a patch and theme.

I still would like to keep the transparency with Win 7 and not have to patch the shell.

I have just seen allot of request for this and comments on what Microsoft left out of Win 7 that would have been nice.