Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Feedback: Windows 7 DreamScene Activator

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The post has been updated to as follows:

If you need some dream scenes, you can always search for them on the internet here. The program supports .mpg & .wmv video formats.
    Error regretted.

Mythenial is offline New Member

I don't know if this work for you or not.. but it works in my pc (Win7 32Bit)... if i rename any video (let say .mkv) to .mpg. I can trick the windows into thinking that is an mpg video... I think it is because dreamscene using directshow... but I have also tried this on some of my friends pc, some works & some not... I thinks it is because of codec.. about .dream file, I don't know, never used it before.

Kishan is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mythenial View Post
    I don't know if this work for you or not.. but it works in my pc (Win7 32Bit)... if i rename any video (let say .mkv) to .mpg. I can trick the windows into thinking that is an mpg video... I think it is because dreamscene using directshow... but I have also tried this on some of my friends pc, some works & some not... I thinks it is because of codec.. about .dream file, I don't know, never used it before.
    .dream files use a totally different codec so it doesn't work.

dreamscene is offline New Member

Windows 7 desktop text turn clear?

To fix and resolve the desktop icons’ text not visible, hidden or transparent issue, follow these steps:

1. Right click on Desktop, and select Personalize.
    2. Switch back to default Windows 7 Aero Theme. The desktop background will be reset to default wallpaper.
    3. Set the video clip as DreamScene motion desktop background again. The desktop icons’ text will remain visible in white color font.

Alternative method:

1. Right click on Desktop, and select Personalize.
    2. Go to Desktop Background section at the bottom.
    3. Under Picture Position drop down menu, select Fill.
    4. Click on Save changes button. The desktop background will be reset to default wallpaper.
    5. Set the video clip as DreamScene motion desktop background again. The desktop icons’ text will remain visible in white color font.

If you guys are looking for mpeg and avi video, you might want to try at dreamscenevideo.net
    Last edited by dreamscene; 27th August 2010 at 22:14.

sharesoft is offline New Member

i will try

mperky is offline New Member

This worked flawlessly on my laptops Vista Home Premium however I am having a problem with my Desk Top computer that is running 7 Home Premium. When I am running this program all of the icons have transparent titles below them, if it wasn't for the shadow effect behind the titles all of my icons would appear nameless. Everything is fine when I revert back to a regular desk top. Is there a fix for this problem?

zachsp is offline New Member

I'm Running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. I tried this program and then disabled it. However, there are some minor problems now on my computer. My wireless icon looks strange, when in task manager the cpu usage flickers every second, and overall there are variations in how windows/icons/graphics etc look now. I'm sure most people think I'm crazy but this just happened right after I disabled this. I have attached a video but unfortunately the video capture does not detect the 1 second flickers in the task manager. I'm thinking the problem has to do with the dreamscene activator not defaulting the files/ registry it modifies. Any help would be appreciated.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Can you try a system restore? It would help.

zachsp is offline New Member

I figured I would have to reinstall windows. Maybe a system restore might fix the problem. Well thats what I get for screwing around. It is an interesting program just wish it was made more effective that simply playing video files so used less resources...

Machar is offline New Member

Default Dreamscene Activator error...

Hi folks. Nice site and I'm surprised I've only just discovered you.

Thought the Dreamscene Activator was exactly what I've been searching for but it just won't work for me. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and after the first failure I ran a registry clean even though it's quite a new machine. I also rebooted just in case it was needed. This error message appears even before I can click the Enable button:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Public member 'Terminate' on type 'SwbemObjectEx' not found.
    If someone could solve this for me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last