LeeW is offline Gold Member

Default AveFolderBackground Changer For Windows 7

Tried to contact author of Aves but with no luck so I have fixed his app to work with Windows 7. Still integrates into the shell using the Right-Click\ Customize this Folder Option. Credit still goes to Andreas for the application and the shell integration

Download from my new Deviantart page

32Bit
    LeeWhittington on deviantART

64Bit
    LeeWhittington on deviantART
    Last edited by LeeW; 8th June 2010 at 16:13.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Good work Lee

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

L.W. comes through again

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Update: Since there is no way to add just a solid color individually to each folder and some folders being hard to see using images, I put together 83 - 1pixel x 1pixel solid images in jpg format to use as solid backgrounds for folders Just download them from my Deviantart page and extract and use either the AveFolderBG or Windows 7 Folder Background Changer to apply a solid color to your folders

Image colors and names inspired from a online color palette

Download the image pack

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Nice work L.W !!! Thats amazing.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Nice work LW, Keep it up, I liked this

Mausy is offline New Member

Hello to all,
    I am a newbie on this lovely site and at present on an old laptop. My regular one is in the shop waiting a new DVD drive and keyboard. I have a new laptop with W7 Pro but my current modem doesn't work. However, I am changing providers on the 8th of April and so in the meantime, I'm stuck with this old machine :-(
    What I would love to ask is if I can use the avefolderbg program and add my own backgrounds to my folders? On my W XP Pro I used the trusted IESHWIZ.exe and added the old Windows favourites like rodendendron etc, including loads of beautiful new ones.

So look forward to hearing from anyone?

Kindest wishes
    Mausy

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

This program is made by the same person that created Windows/Vista Style Builder which is a great program for creating custom Windows Vista / 7 themes.
    Ave (The programmer) has seemed to have fallen off the planet, but a partner (I think) PandaX has taken up with Windows Style builder where Ave left off and is slowly but surely learning the program process with the help of others to make Windows Style Builder now work with Windows 8.

IMO, if you are looking for someone to contact on this program I would contact PandaX at their forum here => Vista Style Builder Forum and maybe you can get some answers from him.