Juice is offline Beginner

Wink TF2 Start button

A windows start button i made pretty quick.
    its a heavy getting backstabbed

EDIT: i guess you can just send me a private message and i can email you or something if you really want it =/

LINK: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_PJCMGEMAM78/TN...2%20Button.jpg
    Last edited by HappyAndyK; 27th November 2010 at 17:14. Reason: Linked

ok well apparently i cant post a url yet, which means i cant post the image or link ><
    so basically this forum is worthless for new people. really disappointing
    Last edited by Juice; 8th November 2010 at 07:52.

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hi Juice and Welcome. Just post the URL without the http. Andy will come along and fix it for you. It's an "anti-spam" measure, once you get to ten posts then Bobs your Uncle.

lh5.ggpht.com/_PJCMGEMAM78/TNe4UNqVxjI/AAAAAAAAACE/_OlpA2j0ZSs/d/TF2%20Button.jpg

i have an updated one using the orb maker from the front page of the site if anyone would like it. its basically the same thing except it glows as well

trahcwolf is offline New Member

I would love to get some more images to use on the start button changer
    Perhaps someone could post a tutorial for novices to use

The glowing one sounds cool
    How did ya do it?

trahcwolf is offline New Member

Curious
    I used this utility, and noticed that every image is clipped both top and bottom
    The images included in the package come in sets of three, yet only one ever shows
    Is this indicative of a problem, or something I did wrong during use?

This the one i made using the orb maker and added the glow

Trahc: i want to help but this was my first attempt at one so i feel that if i tried to help it would only make things more confusing for you haha
    Last edited by Juice; 10th December 2010 at 07:57.

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by trahcwolf View Post
    Curious
    I used this utility, and noticed that every image is clipped both top and bottom
    The images included in the package come in sets of three, yet only one ever shows
    Is this indicative of a problem, or something I did wrong during use?
    Hi trahcwolf, A couple of questions/pointers for you.
    The three images you mention are:- Static, as in, what it looks like with your mouse cursor nowhere near it. Active, as in when you put the mouse cursor over it. Pressed, as in, when you click on it. Those by the way are not the technical "names", just as descriptive one worders I could think of!!
    The "standard" size for your three image bitmap strip is 54 x 162 pixels, that is three of 54 x54 pixels each. If you are experiencing cut off, this suggests you have made your images to that size. I (think) the max recommended size of your image inside that 54 x 54 square is 46 x 46 (a quick goggle shows general consensus is 45 x 45), this allows for a bit of image bleeding or highlighting around its edges. I always start with a 48 x 48 pixel image canvas and make sure I don't actually sit on the edges, you should then be safe to add your outer glow to this and not experience cut off. Can you post/supply a link to your image??

EDIT. Can you supply the link to the program you are using? Remove http:// from the start if need be. Excuse my ignorance, I always edit my system files manually.
    Last edited by Elmer B.; 13th December 2010 at 02:56.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

A pointer to those wanting to make the start buttons, personally I use a combination of Photoshop to create my PNG's (for transparency) and the app I use to create Start Orbs is StartOrbz found on Deviantart. Very nice app with alot of features. You can find it here StartOrbz v3.1 by Blizo