elakenn628 is offline New Member

Default Can I transfer the aquarium screen saver from xp to windows 7?

Hi al, I have just joined the group and I am 79years old and have only been using computers for 8 months.
    Can any tell me if I can transfer the aquarium screen saver from windows xp? I am using windows 7 on a laptop.
    Thanks
    Elaine

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Probably not Elaine. I assume you paid a fee for it and they gave you a product key. What you can try is to find a Windows7 version on their website, download and install that and apply your product key. That might work.

If that does not work, you might consider running a video of your choice as a screensaver. If that interests you, post back and I tell you how that works.

PS. I congratulate you on your computer skills. I am 73 and I know it is not easy at our age - I have a hard time remembering things.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thanks Andy. i'll give that a look. Although I 'never' use screensavers as I think they're ugly, I always liked the fishy one.

whs

Anand, I think pointing with a big, fat arrow to some bum driver scanner program will mislead the uninitiated. These driver scanners are a pain in the neck and it is unfortunate that the forum sponsers them.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Anand, I think pointing with a big, fat arrow to some bum driver scanner program will mislead the uninitiated. These driver scanners are a pain in the neck and it is unfortunate that the forum sponsers them.
    Wolfgang, Which fat arrow? Which bum driver scanner program?? The forum does not have a single affiliate link... maybe it was some Google ad you saw ...

whs

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Wolfgang, Which fat arrow? Which bum driver scanner program?? The forum does not have a single affiliate link... maybe it was some Google ad you saw ...
    I am sorry Anand, but below the picture of the aquarium (at the link you posted) there was a big fat red arrow pointing to this driver scanner download. I just checked and it is gone. It did not look like a Google ad - at least I could not identify it as such. But now things seem to be back in order. thanks for your attention to the problem.

Ah Ok np It was the Google Ad ...

Selene is offline New Member

GOM, it require codec but it handle everything for me

Win8 is offline New Member

You should give the Digital Aquarium Screensaver a try. And it works fine on my Windows XP system.
    It runs on all systems, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
    And it's GORGEOUS!!!!