Thread: Mouse functions

MTerrien is offline Beginner

Default Mouse functions

With Windows 7 when you select an item on the screen that you want to drag and move the cursor changes to a spinning circle and won't allow you to move the item until it quits. Does anyone know what the purpose of this function is? I find it annoying. How can I shut it off?

It's not normal to wait to change the size of a column in Microsoft Excel. If I start moving the the cursor right away the spinning circle doesn't appear. But most of the time I'm not fast enough. Note: this spinning circle is not the small busy circle that spins. This one 3 times as big.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I presume you are using the Windows Aero System scheme. Was wondering which '3 times big' animation you get to see.

All animations are shown here: Control Panel > Mouse properties > Pointers > Customize section. Can you please tell us which animation you see?

Yes that's the scheme I'm using but the animation is not in the list of pointers. It is similiar to the busy ring, but it is larger, about a half inch and it's gray not colred like the busy ring. It appears when I click a clear area on the desktop and hold the mouse button down. It stays there for about 4 seconds. In a lot of apps like Excel or Vegas Pro if I click a column edge in Excel or image edge in Vegas to drag them to a different size I can't do the drag until it goes away. If I try to drag an icon on the desktop to a different location it works even if that circle appears so it doesn't affect your action in all cases. Of course if I start my moving action quickly it doesn't appear, but I'm not always that fast.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

This is new to me :| Lets hope someone has ideas.

DeborahJ is offline Windows Enthusiast

Maybe you could post an image.

Apparently I'm not allowed to post Image URL's on this site.