EdAWood is offline New Member

Default Creating Custom Icons in Windows 10

I am running Windows 10 Pro. I like to create desktop icons for my favorite websites (bank, Windows Club, Windows 10 Forum, Gmail, etc.). Before the latest automatic bug fix upgrade, I was able to copy the business created website icon into my newly created desktop icon and have a recognizable icon for that particular website. With the latest revision of Windows 10 Pro, I no longer have that option. Microsoft Edge automatically places a picture of their logo (the e on a white background) in the logo.

I know how to go into the properties of the desktop icon, navigate to Change Icon, and select an icon from the listed available icons in %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll. Or browse my computer for icon files that I can use, but neither of these methods gives me the icon from the website that I have created the desktop icon for.

Also, I have been to specific online icon websites that list many different icons and have an icon converter that will convert the jpg, gif, html, etc. files to an .ico file so that I can download the file and use that for my newly created desktop icon. Usually, however, the quality of these converted files is not very good.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can retrieve the business created icon picture for their website so that I can import that icon into my personally created desktop icon for that website?

Have a great day.
    Ed Wood

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator