temp acct is offline New Member

Default inquiry on WI-FI

for some unknown reason, last december, i removed WI-FI from my comp..and am wondering how i can restore it? WI-FI is getting to become increasingly popular where i live now... internet access is getting to be more easier in rural areas. if i have to purchase one argh! any freeware?

cheers.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi Could you pls use your old username v3loc1ty ? Or is there some reason you do not wish to or cannot use that one? You may PM me if you need anything. Cheers!

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

iam now back on old acct bro..but i wish to also have some hints on this question

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

v3locity, I don't quite understand. How could you have removed the WiFi? It is a hardware feature which is used to access a router (or router signal). How do you access the internet now - via a modem? - Dial -up or high speed (DSL)? Please explain in a little bit more detail.

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

hmm..well i assumed i removed it altogether last december..or maybe i may have disabled it via UWT program -not sure.. i never use WI-FI for any reason, as iam not accustomed to being mobile at any time. right now iam not on my own comp but the library's- the internet service is offline. am too lazy to turn it back on.