Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    hackerman1 is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHS0 View Post
    oh, didn't know that. Thx.
    i have never heard of any 64-bit P2-CPU´s....

alexlloyd5 is offline Beginner

Ok guys, here are the solutions/steps to follow if you want to install Windows7 on a low end machine with less than 512 MB RAM (actually it's 373 MB)

1) you could upgrade the RAM on that machine to 512 or more, install win 7, then remove the extra RAM, this should be your first choice

but ask yourself, if you have an extra ram to upgrade this old pc, then why would you think of removing it later?

2) you could install win 7 under a virtual machine, then use one of what they call it (V2P Tools) which let you convert virtual machine image into a physical one, then dump it to your old pc. (you would hate yourself cause it's not that straight forward, beside you have to do a lot of post install stuff later)

3) Fooling win7 setup module by modifying some of the codes inside it (hacking)

the modules which checks for minimum ram size is called (winsetup.dll), by zapping few codes within this module, it would allow us to continue the installation process

you have first to copy the whole Win7 DVD to your hard disk in order to get to the (winsetup.dll) file

by using a Hex editor (any hex editor would do the job, you could use free or shareware ones, since you would only use it once and throw it later) try to locate code:

77073D7801

and zap it (replace it) with the following

E904000000

save the zapped file, and then re-create a new Win7 DVD which contains the modified file

or if you want to install win7 on the same machine that you are doing the hack on (i mean the low end machine) then go ahead and run (setup.exe)

Thanks a lot to the guy who found this way and shared his experience with others (of course i don't mean myself cause i'm not that person)

------------------------
    for those who wish not to do the zap or modify, or don't know how to use a Hex editor, they could google for a modified version of the (winsetup.dll), download it (then Scan it for viruses, this is very important ) and use it.

and If they can't find it, i would be more than happy to upload it to on of file upload servers.

but it's better to go through the zap process, and never trust someone else's files

thank you

AHS0 is offline Senior Member

It was mistake I did. I also never installed the 32 bit version of 7 in my old desktop.

pumastep is offline New Member

The system requirements posted by Microsoft actually different by quite a bit, so I do find this surprising. The original minimum specs were 1GB of RAM and at least 1.0Ghz CPU. Windows 7 did convert a lot of people that still used XP because of the resource hog Vista.

gavryhel is offline New Member

Ok gracias

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Just 300 views left for this thread to cross 150000 views.

Cheers hackerman1!

Hi !

Thanks Andy !
    A bit early for champagne isn´t it ?
    315 views left...
    But in a few days....

time for the BIG countdown !
    87 views left....

25 views left !
    Last edited by hackerman1; 08-19-2012 at 07:25 PM.

jaysonkurt is offline Beginner

Nicely done!
    I am wondering how long it took to complete the installation.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast