soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs up Transcend super-fast SSD25D 2.5″ SATA SSD with DRAM Cache lands in India

Transcend offers to make the Indian users’ digital life more convenient than ever before. The company launches its latest ultra-speed SSD called SSD25D in the Indian market. This novel 2.5″ SATA II SSD boasts of 64MB built-in DRAM cache and delivers the company’s signature durability along with power savings and reliability. Users can also look forward to high data storage performance as the device claims to provide unparalleled transfer rates.

The innovative SSD25D allows computers to be more responsive, boot faster and launch software applications really quickly as against a standard hard drive. The ultra-speed DRAM cache enhances the speed potential of the SSD and should excite dedicated gamers or those who work with high-end systems. The SSD should allow users to enjoy a lag-free computing experience, particularly when combined with the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.

Mr. Austin Huang, Regional Head - Sales, SAARC & APAC, Transcend, shared, “Thanks to its advanced solid-state technology, Transcend’s SSD25D far outperforms standard 2.5″ hard drives. We are confident that our customers will appreciate the delivery of extraordinary sustained transfer speeds of up to 230MB/s read and 180MB/s write to guarantee blazing fast throughput, regardless of file size or type.”

Minus any moving parts, the novel drive is built with reliable NAND flash memory. It is highly rugged claiming to be immune to mechanical failure caused by excess vibration, shock or heat. Staying cool and quiet even while in operation, it additionally utilizes integrated ECC that ensures accurate data transfer. The drive also sports the built-in wear leveling technology that enables it for consistent long-life operation.

With the Transcend’s new DRAM cache, the SSD also includes the 3.0GB/s SATA II interface. In a 2.5″ form factor, the drive is easy and simple to install in most notebook and desktop computers. It additionally consumes low power and is available in 60GB and 120GB capacities. The drive should suit the needs of system builders, gamers, or simple users looking for a supercharged notebook or desktop PC experience coupled with ultra-speed performance.

Additional features of the drive include 230MB/s read and 180MB/s write transfer speeds and full SATA II compatibility. Around 100mm x 69.85mm x 9.5mm in size and weighing 91g, the drive has an operating voltage of DC 5V. It works well in temperatures ranging from 0C to 70C. The CE, FCC and BSMI certified drive has a MTBF of around 1.5M hours.

Packaged with a 2 years warranty, the Transcend SSD25D is available at a price of Rs 18,000 and Rs 31,000 for the 60GB and 120GB versions respectively.

techshout

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Given the taxes in India, Rs 18.000 is not a bad price. I paid $216 (in the US) for my 60GB OCZ Vertex SSD that has very similar specifications.

BlueHornet is offline New Member

Default Just saying hi

This look interesting,so far.
    If it's not just all bots here, let me know. I'm looking to network
    Oh, and yes I'm a real person LOL.

See ya,