Thread: Video Card

seti is offline Member

Default Video Card

Hi friends I know some one here will be able to help me. I am running Vitsa Ultimate 64 bit with an AMD 440 2,30 GHz duel core processor on an NEC Powermate VL_360, with 3 Gig of 667 memory installed. I have a Nvida 7100GS Video card installed. I was wondering if I should upgrade this as I have been looking around and the cards are quite cheap at them moment, and my WEI is just 3 thanks to the video card being the lowest score. Will I benefit if I do so? Or should I just stick with what I have. I do not play games or anything using my pc just for surfing and work. Please if you reply do not be too technical as I will not understand if you do that.

Thanks in advance

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

If your not pushing your computer by playing games and your Pc experience is not hampered at the moment with your current GPU. I personally would say stick with what you got. Spend the money on a nice day out with the misses

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I would say so too. If it does what you ask it to do, no need to change just for the purpose of changing. I upgraded one of my systems that had a 6150SE integrated graphics with a 9500GT. But I did not really notice any difference - I am not gaming either. I also had to upgrade the PSU because the graphics card needed more power than my stock PSU could handle - so that is also something you would have to check. And if you have to change the PSU, that doubles the cost.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

If you wont be playing games its not a problem either u can go for ATi 3450 or 3650 cards and if u do intend to play some new latest games which required shader 4.0 support u can go for ATI 4850 Saphire ones or Palit ones are cheap else its not required to upgrade your graphics card.

seti is offline Member

Thanks for all of your replies

ha14 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Be noticed that with windows 7 Billy opened the Gates to direct X11 so be patient little bit cause new graphical cards will be commercialized supporting direct X11, all graphical cardsare for direct X10. So my guess go for nvidia 9500 and then once windows 7is installed by a new emproved graphical card.

allinone19 is offline Beginner

u can go with ati graphic because for amd processor ATI Graphic is best