Lightbulb Make Your CD-ROM Read DVD's

Make Your CD-ROM \ CD-RW To Read DVD’s To Watch Movies

[MOD YOUR CD-ROM]

There Are Two Types Of CD-ROMS That Can Be Modded
    1) 24x – 40x
    2) 40x – 52x

Drives From 2x – 24x Are Too Old, So They Cannot Be Modded

We Have To Go With Laser Head Adjustment

The Track Pitch Of CD’s Is 1.6 microns & The Tracjk Pitch Of DVD’s, The Minimum Length Of Track Pitch Of CD’s Is 0.843mm & The Minimum Length Of Track Pitch Of DVD’s Is 0.293mm, As-a-result DVD’s Can Store Much More Data In The Size Of A CD.Now We Need To Adjust The Laser Head So That It Can Read Discs With Shorter Track Pich.

Let start

Open Up The CD-ROM / CD-RW, You See The Lense On The Rail This Is The Laser Head, On The Side Of The Laser Head There Is A Screw You Can Adjust [This Is The Master Key For This MOD]

This Screw Adjusts The Size Of The Laser Beam That Lands On The Disc, The Laserbeam Should Be Less Than 0.293mm, To Read The DVD’s, To Do This Turn The Screw 2 – 3 Times, I Got This Number After Lot Of Trials [Don’t Forget How Many Times You Have Turned The Screw] [Safer Way : Keep A Note Of It]

Now We Go With Speed Adjustment

DVD-ROM Plays DVD’s Smoothly At 4x Speed, Now We Are Modding A 32x ROM To Read DVD’s, If DVD’s Are Read At 32x Speed, It Can Cause Damage To Both DVD As Well As The CD-ROM, So We Need To Decrease The Speed.Power Supplies Can Provide 5V [Red Wire] & 12V (Yellow Wire) Electricity Output For Molex Connectors. Find The Molex Connector You'll Plug Into The Modded CD-ROM Drive, Cut The Yellow Wire Or Insulate With Tape, So Only 5V Of Electricity Is Transferred To The CD-ROM Drive. The Speed Of The Drive Is Now 32 * 5/17 = 9.41x & Can Now FulFill Our Requirements.

Via: AskRitesh | Source: Varad’s Blog | Image Credits: http://www.cdrinfo.com/
    Last edited by riteshtechie; 19th October 2009 at 12:21.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

WOW !

seti is offline Member

This is very interesting, but one small point my friend, it would be helpful if there was more pictures showing the actual screw thingy for those who are stupid ike me and need to know exactly where they are.

pyu.agrawal is offline Senior Member

Is this reliable ? .... this shouldn't happen: the drive will fail to read even CD's

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

as per varad its completely reliable
    and he tested it......................

I will ask him to post some pics too

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanx ritesh, great share.....but tell us that whether we move screw in clockwise or anti clockwise direction ??

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Someone needs to re-check/confirm. Btw, for those who may be interested, from varads link give above, there is a link to download the whole document via scribd.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

as far as i have read in a other forum some one tested it and it failed please confirm ..

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider™ View Post
    as far as i have read in a other forum some one tested it and it failed please confirm ..
    Just searched about it and find people are saying it CRAP, though I hardly believe coz no one is going to check it in their PC

IMO it should work

NOTE: The method described above is dangerous and shouldn't be performed at you own CD ROM try at your friends PC

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If it is 'crap' as you put it, maybe we should delete this thread ...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last