edwardo57 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Audio Driver problem! no output!!

I have a really annoying problem, there is no audio output on my laptop.

I have an Acer Aspire 5633 running windows vista.

I use an external usb audio device (behringer U-control) usually as i produce music.
    the computer kept defaulting to the internal sound device and i accidently deleted the realtek audio device.
    Now whenever i use my laptop away from my desk i have no sound at all - very irritating!!!
    On the windows tray the speaker icon has a red cross over it and on playback and recording devices it says 'no audio devices installed'

I have tried getting the realtek drivers, from a couple of places (including acers website) but you complete the installation it does nothing.

I hope someone has some ideas!!

thanks

leofelix is offline Member

Hi welcome
    you may try to perform a system restore to a previuos working one

What is System Restore?

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/wi...indows/?p=1055

Hope it helps

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Not my area exactly, but try to roll-back/uninstall/update the driver through the Device Manager. Maybe that will help.

seti is offline Member

As Andy says go to divice manager, then problem devices. If it has a warning triangle, then uninstall and re-install it and that should work.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

It could be that you just accidently turned it off. There are keys on the side or the top of the keyoard (often work in conjunction with the Fn key) to turn the speakers on or off.

danny28 is offline New Member

Angry hi can u help

hi can u help me i have windows 7 on pc now i cant get my skeakers to work no out put from jacks or ear phone socket plz help

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo57 View Post
    I have a really annoying problem, there is no audio output on my laptop.

I have an Acer Aspire 5633 running windows vista.

I use an external usb audio device (behringer U-control) usually as i produce music.
    the computer kept defaulting to the internal sound device and i accidently deleted the realtek audio device.
    Now whenever i use my laptop away from my desk i have no sound at all - very irritating!!!
    On the windows tray the speaker icon has a red cross over it and on playback and recording devices it says 'no audio devices installed'

I have tried getting the realtek drivers, from a couple of places (including acers website) but you complete the installation it does nothing.

I hope someone has some ideas!!

thanks
    Download and install Realtek HD Audio Driver. ftp://202.65.194.212/pc/audio/Vista_Win7_R238.zip

Quote Originally Posted by danny28 View Post
    hi can u help me i have windows 7 on pc now i cant get my skeakers to work no out put from jacks or ear phone socket plz help
    Goto Action Center >> Troubleshooting >> Hardware and Sound
    Use Sound Troubleshooters
    I recommend to connect internet during troubleshooting.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

disable or uninstall the driver fast and let windows update to the searching and if u have the sound card for the same don make it default first let the default onboard ones get installed check fr sound then update drivers for usb powered audio