LeeW is offline Gold Member

Default TouchScreen Computers

Just thought I would share a valuable link to a site I use for help with custom built Touchscreen Computers.

For those not familiar with them. With todays pricing on parts going down and the abundance of software according to what you are looking for and if you have the know-how, it can be cheaper to build you own Touchscreen PC with readily available parts. I myself have been working on one ( Coffee Table design) for the past several months (This due to certain features I want like built in XBox360, separate screen to slide up from base, wireless, input out to TV, bluetooth, pull out rest for add-on keyboard and mouse, and all buttons and DVD Drive Covers and what have you built from wood to match table, plus several other features). Anyways if anyone has ever been interested in building their own this community is the largest out there that even supply blueprints, free software, cost's factors, and parts suppliers

NUI Group - Natural User Interface Group

Example design and similar to the one I am trying to build

Image from
    Just another multi-touch-blog | Touch it!

Other designs based off the same technologies
    Cuelight Interactive Pool Table System

This ones in Dutch but watch the Vid, it's awesome
    Mobiele multitouch tafel | Bright.tv

iMav is offline Gold Member

had tried NUI a couple of years back, ruined a couple of webcams trying to make the surface computer :P