optimus is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default is it possible to add geo sensor to my note book??

i saw my windows 7 ultimate OS has a capabilty use geo sensors..my notebook doesnot has inbuilt sensor..can i add that hardware externelly or is it comes with mother board..afterall..,can it become a treat to user privacy?

iMav is offline Gold Member

Yes, there are both hardware and software based ways of making your Windows 7 locations aware.

there are hardware USB dongles. - Making Windows 7 Location ?Aware? with u-blox Products - Windows Experience Blog - The Windows Blog

At the same time there is a software too - Geosense for Windows

I've tried Geosense and it works well, in case you use one of those USB modems to connect to the Internet, it might not be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Yes, there are both hardware and software based ways of making your Windows 7 locations aware.

there are hardware USB dongles. - Making Windows 7 Location ?Aware? with u-blox Products - Windows Experience Blog - The Windows Blog

At the same time there is a software too - Geosense for Windows

I've tried Geosense and it works well, in case you use one of those USB modems to connect to the Internet, it might not be accurate.
    Thanks a lot friendd...my notebook is ASUS F5R..it doesnot support windows 7 geosensor capability..one more question??? will it affect our privacy ??

iMav is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    Thanks a lot friendd...my notebook is ASUS F5R..it doesnot support windows 7 geosensor capability..one more question??? will it affect our privacy ??
    Geosense uses Internet IP (and Google services) to pin-point your location like Firefox. Privacy - well... that's a different discussion. Depends on where you share your location.

infopedia is offline New Member

this is a useful tip...any idea on what an microsoft autoroute is?

thanks,imav for helping me with your advice..