vista64x is offline New Member

Default Maxell 8 GB USB Venture problem

Hallo,guys ! I recently bought a maxell venture USB flash memory and its original file size as they say it's around 8 gigs of memory and I only have 986 Kb on it although I never used it. I was given no drivers CD or other installation guides,nothing! I tried searching the internet about that and found only topics with same problem but no solutions for it. This is quite annoying and I was searching for some drivers on the official web site,but found nothing! Though is not about the money,I need the use of it but it's unuseful like this concerning its memory size! Is anyone of you having any idea what can one do in those circumstances? Anyone having the same problem?
    Last edited by vista64x; 7th July 2010 at 21:58.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

they may have packaged it wrong and you only have a 1GB version. Is there a way you could take it back to where you purchased it and get a new one or refund?

I dunno,Johnny,I threw my receipt for it as I bought it,Bcos I never thought I'd need it to be refunded for that. The fact is that I wouldn't believe I'd have this problem with it. For what I'm concerned is that a Well-Known brand like "maxell" is making this crap flashes...I don't know,maybe they're assembling them in subways in Taiwan or somewhere...Does they have subways in Taiwan????

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Have you checked the drive in disk management to see what it shows available?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    they may have packaged it wrong and you only have a 1GB version. Is there a way you could take it back to where you purchased it and get a new one or refund?
    I was saying I've got 986 Kb ! Is that a Gb or a Mb???

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Well now I feel a bit stupid...

After reading your post again, you are right to ask as 986kb is roughly 1mb. So that's my error. You have me stumped on this problem, sorry.

It's alright,Johnny! You don't have to feel stupid. We're all making mistakes sometimes. Nobody is perfect! In fact I am sorry! I shouldn't open the subject about your mistake. But it's just that I was confused about that, and became unsure about that memory range that my USB flash's got. Believe me,I started wondering: "It's actualy one gig or just one meg?"

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Well,let me tell you the whole story about this flash-drive. Actually I've got two laptop computers: one of them is Toshiba and the other one is Gateway. Now...first time I used the USB-flash it was in the first laptop, in wich it was shown as having two partitions: one of them called "SECURE" and the other one I forgot the name of(I think it was the capital letter of that respectivley drive. eg: C/D/E...whatever). In that specific moment I deffinetly needet to set some configuration details for it but I haven't. My mistake!!! The next step that I was performing was inserting it in the other laptop(Gateway)wich in the first instance didn't recognized it. After a while, it seemed like it was reading it and starting the automatical installation. (I have to mention here that it's name wasn't "maxell USB data drive,blah,blah, it was "SECURE". Like something strange to work with. This is the feeling I had at that particular moment). Everything fine by now! After a while I was able to notice that installing it, finally succeeded. But instead of having 2 partitions, it was only one! The one that I'm talking for so long! The one that gave me head-akes!I mean the one called SECURE and having bloody 986 Kb. The first thing that crossed my mind was to plug it back in the first laptop that I was using(Toshiba). And that was done. But this time,Windows was not able to "see" it again. It was like an unknown device that came from Mars...From then on started all the charade of this flash-drive wich is driving me crazy!
    Last edited by vista64x; 10th July 2010 at 22:29. Reason: grammatically errors

Swarup1987 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Go to this page Download and install H2testw and test your USB flash memory

Aragorn is offline New Member

Default Maxell Venture 8GB USB flash

Hi! I have the same USB flash. I had the same problem like you, but only with some PCs. The problem is that this flash has two partitions: the first one, named SECURE, and the second one, named PUBLIC. The SECURE partition's size is around 1-2 MB and the PUBLIC one's 7,43 GB. Some PCs show you as a removable disk only the first partition, and some of them show you both of them.

I solved this problem by resizing the partitions, changing the first one's size to 7,43 GB and the second one's to 2 MB. I did this with the software that you could find on your flash when you bought it (you just have to open AppLauncher, click LOCK, the first icon, and resize them). So even the PC wouldn't show me them both, I could use the first one.

But, at last, I found on Maxell's website a little .exe that allows you to merge the two partitions into a single one. You can download it from the Maxell's EU official website from Leisure -> USB -> USB Venture -> Downloads

I hope you'll solve your problem. Let me know if you do!