Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    hentai is offline Beginner

Default how to get my usb 2.0 external 2 hdds enclosure to be seen as one volume.

the disk manager in w7 x64 ultimate wont allow me when i try to make a dynamic disk it says >the operation is not supported by the object.Please help i really want to use that 2hdd enclosure as one volume not two seperate volumes ,please helpp!!!!

doesnt matter if its another way but what i want is one volume to be shown not 2 seperate drives,please ,thanks,its set on the back of the drive to non raid mode ,if i set it to jbod it only shows 1 hdd in w7 and not a volume of both, no!! just one volume!! ,once again help.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, hentai.

You are right, this is the best place for your help request. Hopefully someone will be along who can be of assistance. In the meantime, I'll remove the other post to prevent confusion.

thanks,bunches

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Dynamic disks are not supported for USB attached disks.

Default then what,what to do in order to get both volumes to one

or is there a third party app to do the job,please help out

whs

I am not aware of any program that can do that. But maybe you can describe the problem you are trying to solve and we can look for another approach.

i heard theres dynamic usb support for windows 2003 or so server edition,hmmm,and theres not much to say i have 2 hdds in a 2 hdd enclosure and want to use them as one volume not 2 seperate volumes is there no way common guys help a bro out

whs

You are partly correct. There is support in Windows 2000, but no in XP and later.

well you confirming it wont help me i need advice ,please, i mean is spanning the only way i even heard its dangerous should your electricity get cut off due to weather or so your entire files are supposidly lost or is it only when 1 of the hdds fails,please enlighten

whs

I suppose you talk about Raid0. Here the data will be spread over 2 disks so that each disk has only half of the data. When you loose one disk, you lost your file. Suggest you read up on it to understand how it works. RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 2 12 Last