- 5th November 2010, 21:08 #1
Highlights on Microsoft Kinect From inside
Yesterday was the launch of the much-anticipated Xbox Kinect, Microsoft’s gesture-based, controller-free gaming system. The $150 device is filled with cameras and sensors that detect 3-D gestures and commands with surprising accuracy.
Here are some of the highlights:
* The device has two cameras and an infrared projector. The left camera is infrared (320×240) and the center camera is color (640×480).
* It utilizes Prime Sense technology for its 3-D gesture recognition.
* It has four separate microphones, three on the right side and one on the left side.
* Its motherboard includes a Wolfson Microelectronics WM8737G, a Fairchild Semiconductor FDS8984, and 512 MB of DDR2 SDRAM.
The guys at ifixit have completely explained the interior part of Microsoft Kinect From inside as they did with Ipad.
via Windows Space
- 6th November 2010, 11:45 #2
Cool & Awesome info with image interaction :-)