japp is offline Gold Member

Default No signal to monitor - monitor has gone black

I've suddenly gotten this problem: Return to my pc after a while and find that the monitor has gone black and pressing the power button gives the message "No signal". Moving the mouse or pressing buttons don't result in a wake-up. The hard disk lamp is blinking so it seems it's working (in this case video capture).

I have turned off the screen saver and I don't use put computer/HD to sleep.

Anyone having a clue?

Inception8 is offline New Member

I would probably say that there's a part that's burned out inside it. It's a specific part that I don't actually remember the name of. Don't know how long you've had it but I know that it happened to one of my Hannspree monitors. If I were you I'd Google the make of your monitor going black because it's not technically a Windows issue. As soon as I did a little research I determined that I could send it to the manufacturer to be repaired luckily it only initially cost me $50 and I made a mistake sending it Fed Ex.

**Actually. Can you get the menu up for the monitor pressing the menu button on the monitor itself? If not there's a problem in the monitor like I mentioned.

Having two monitors obviously is great because you'll know it's not the graphics card.
    Last edited by Inception8; 22nd May 2011 at 19:53.

Digerati is offline Windows Enthusiast

Swap monitors with another computer. If the problem follows your monitor to the 2nd computer, you know it is your monitor. If the problem stays with your computer and the 2nd monitor, you know the problem is with your computer/graphics solution.

If the monitor, shine a flashlight at the black screen and stick your nose up close - can you see a faint image of the display? If so, then your inverter and/or backlight fluorescent tube is bad. Parts are typically $50 to $150, depending on model, and labor should be 1 hour.

Thanks

Solved: Software issue (Adobe Premiere/graphic card).

Thanks

See my other reply.