deangeliaz is offline New Member

Default Deleted OS space not shown as available space on "C" drive.

In order to recover from the AVG update disaster I was required to reload Vista leaving me with windows old and new on my C drive. After moving what I could to windows new I deleted all windows old. Now none of windows old is shown in the c drive, however, none of that space on the drive is shown as available. I also have since upgraded to Win7. I feel that I have appx 150GB of c drive space I cannot access. Not very warm about a format and reload. Any help appreciated.
    Jocko

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hi there,

Use this tool Disktective, freeware disk-space reporting tool for Windows and see which folder or folder is taking up all you space.

Thanks Capt., I can see who got into my lunch box. I'll let you know the status when I figure out why and how. ( my c drive is seeing my WD backup)

Jocko

Problem solved, I installed Win 7 upgrade from vista and it seems that the Windows install copied 200GB from my WD mybook external backup and wrote it on my c drive. I assume the WD was on during the Win 7 install but have no clue why this happened. Thanks to Capt. Jack I was able to finally see those files which are now history.
    Jocko

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hi there,
    I'm glad it's solved. Thanks for reporting back