Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    japp is offline Gold Member

Default Logitech Performance MX mouse behaves crazy

I'm using 2 of it on 2 pc's and it behaves crazy and drives me nuts. Web pages and Windows Explorer mostly scrolls up and down like crazy driving me nuts.

Using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 doesn't give me those problems.

Anyone knowing a fix or something for this so I don't have to throw them out of the window?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Wireless mouse starts to misbehave when the battery goes down. Then next thing you can do is to install updated drivers. If this happens in more than one PC then it might be something wrong with device itself it's best to send for RMA.

Well, it's not caused by battery as the behaviour is equal with low and full battery capacity.
    I haven't looked into the driver as this happens on two different pc's, but I'll give it a try anyway. Can't hurt.

RMA? Suppose that stands for refund?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Yes..Return Merchandise Authorization

Aha, so that was the "hidden" message

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

Actually you only usually get an RMA when you are returning good to the manufacturer for repair. Unless you have actually purchased the good via the manufacturer's website refunds are usually dealt with by a retailer. Have you tried slowing the scrolling speed down in the mouse properties to see if that helps or, if it is available, disabling the scrolling accelleration (Wheel Tab, Advanced button). It may be a driver problem, of course, so it is best to check whether there are any newer drivers, there could also be a signal problem between the mouse and the reciever, especially if the signal is being interfered with by another source - computer tower, TV, flourescent lights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_MVP View Post
    Actually you only usually get an RMA when you are returning good to the manufacturer for repair. Unless you have actually purchased the good via the manufacturer's website refunds are usually dealt with by a retailer. Have you tried slowing the scrolling speed down in the mouse properties to see if that helps or, if it is available, disabling the scrolling accelleration (Wheel Tab, Advanced button). It may be a driver problem, of course, so it is best to check whether there are any newer drivers, there could also be a signal problem between the mouse and the reciever, especially if the signal is being interfered with by another source - computer tower, TV, flourescent lights, etc.
    Then it'll be the retailer except that I can't find the receipts.... Not that I thinks it's faulty mice as I could have been thinking if it was just one of them causing problems.
    Since they are being used in two different rooms I don't think they're being interfered by anything and if so the Microsoft mouse ought to have problems, too.

The points to driver seems to more relevant and I better get time to look into that side.

I don't think they're being interfered by anything and if so the Microsoft mouse ought to have problems, too.
    The Microsoft mouse receiver may be on a different frequency to that of the Logitech mice, if this is the case then the Microsoft mouse may work normally while the logitech ones will start to play up. I too suspect that it may be a driver issue but it is amazing how many people miss the obvious when it comes to wireless applications.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_MVP View Post
    The Microsoft mouse receiver may be on a different frequency to that of the Logitech mice, if this is the case then the Microsoft mouse may work normally while the logitech ones will start to play up. I too suspect that it may be a driver issue but it is amazing how many people miss the obvious when it comes to wireless applications.
    Sorry, forgot to say in my previous reply that I had tried changing the settings.
    Both works on 2.4GHz.
    New driver didn't help.

But, I finally found the solution in Logitech's forum:
    "Please try pressing the button located directly below the scroll wheel. This button enables and disables click-to-click and hyper-fast scrolling."
    THAT finally solved the problem

I did mention in my original post about checking the scrolling acceleration option.
    disabling the scrolling accelleration (Wheel Tab, Advanced button).
    I use a Microsoft Wireless laser mouse and the option for enabling/disabling scrolling acceleration is in mouse properties, wheel tab, advanced. Obviously, the logitech mouse has an easier way, via the button below the scroll wheel, of enabling/disabling this feature. However, having said that, it also seems far too easy to inadvertantly 'enable' the option again by simply slipping with the finger and hitting the enable/disable button.

Still at least you have now solved the problem.
    Last edited by J_B_MVP; 7th June 2011 at 18:04. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 Last