crossbone is offline New Member

Default Annoying BIOS problem - automatically reorders the drive to boot from

I have an Intel DP67DE mobo with 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs. I installed the OS in only one of the SSDs and set the BIOS to boot from it by default. but every now and then, it automatically reorders the drive to boot from(it could be from a data-only HDD or the SDD with no OS). Even after resetting the order and saving it, I would still get the same problem at my 3rd or 4th boot. What could be the cause? More importantly, what's the remedy? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

ELiTE is offline New Member

Off the top of my head. go into "disk management" and check the partition types on your storage drives. they need to be changed from "active" to "basic" to remove the Windows boot info from the MBR on each storage disk. More info is available online. Just put "active to basic partition" into Google......Also, there's a bunch of "Partition management" tools available, some are free. They make this process much easier. This will solve your "Annoying BIOS" problem.....
    Last edited by ELiTE; 2nd September 2012 at 14:12.