jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Safely remove hardware addition.

This nice utility is free today. Get it and read about it here: safelyremove.com/giveaway2014.htm This is an addition to the Windows safely remove hardware icon in the notification area. It allows extra options such as turning off the device after removing (Win Vista and 7 only, other options also work in Win 8/8.1). This free offer is only good today, 8/18/2014.

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

Thanks for the heads up.

You are welcome. I almost posted in the freeware area but decided to do so here instead as it really isn't freeware.

The free deal was only supposed to be for yesterday, 8/18/2014, but the link is still working so who knows...

If it actually IS still working you can get as many free licenses as you have machines. I have my tower media system and a dual boot laptop, there was no issue installing on all three with three separate free key codes. The only restriction is that it is one registration per machine. That restriction seems to be on the honor system as I just tried the link and entered for another code and all was fine. I will state that I used a different email in each case so don't know if you could do multiple machines under the same email, seems though that you could.

I suggest that the link be tried as it is a good utility especially if running Win 7 or Vista as the thing can physically shut off an external drive (haven't tested with other devices such as my printer) after removing. It will also show 'hidden' devices if set to do so.

Added features to the safely remove hardware notification sounds pretty lame on the surface but it is one of those little additions that, if you saw it on another system, you'd likely think that it was pretty slick.

I really suggest that any and all that see this grab a free license while it is still working. Also grab the current download as the key is only good for the current version. Once you have the download and key you can look at the thing at your leisure.

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

It is still working. Just downloaded.

It would seem that I was mistaken about this being a one day offer. As I type this it shows that 4 days and 5 hours remain so it must have been a 1 week offer.

As an added 'WOW'... I just tried something with this utility. In Win Vista and 7 it has the ability to physically turn off the device. I just discovered that the removed device will still be listed even if removed. If you click on the removed device it will physically turn it back on. I run a media system connected via HDMI to a 42 inch HDTV. I also have an external drive to which I have archived around 350 DVD movies. This utility allows me to remotely, using my mouse, to turn this external drive on and off. I LOVE it!
    Last edited by jaylach; 21st August 2014 at 23:38.

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

^ That is indeed a good feature!