mgj
    mgj is offline New Member

Lightbulb No files show on USB stick

No files show up on my usb stick. Earlier today Action Centre appeared and scanned the laptop and gave clean bill of health. Is this just coincidence? The Kingston (k) still appears in list of 'devices and drives' under 'this pc', though I hadn't noticed an note 'FAT32' beside it before. The stick has all files still present as I plugged it into another computer.

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

Please check if formatting the drive with NTFS scheme helps you. Else refer this post:

USB Devices not working in Windows 8.1

Hope this helps, Good luck

RolandJS is offline Windows Enthusiast

Kapel, related to OP's question, if certain rescue DVDs are written RAW [and not FAT32], could that also be a cause for the computer to not acknowledge RAW-written USB stick?

mgj
    mgj is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    Kapel, related to OP's question, if certain rescue DVDs are written RAW [and not FAT32], could that also be a cause for the computer to not acknowledge RAW-written USB stick?
    Thanks to contributors for looking at my thread problem. The situation seems to be back to normal. Perhaps simply shutting down and restarting has restored some setting. Thank you all again.

Phoebe is offline Beginner

Checked the computer first for viruses then do this:

1. Run cmd - Navigate to Accessories>Command Prompt (Run this with Admin rights)
    2. type attrib *.* X: -r -s -h /s /d (where X: is the drive, this is your flash drive letter)
    3. you can invoke other commands by typing attrib /?