HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Question How to reinstall an Already Purchased Windows Phone 7 app?

OK, so the MarketPlace FAQ states that if you have removed an app and you want to reinstall it on your Windows Phone 7, you have to visit the app page and you will be notified that you have Already purchased the app and then prompted to confirm reinstall.

I wanted to reinstall a free game that I had uninstalled, but I don't see the option to confirm reinstall.

Any ideas!?

kunu is offline Windows Enthusiast

As you said that its a Free game than I don't think it it would give any Reinstall option as you can Install it any no. of time.
    you can just download fresh Copy and install it again

No - already tried that - you cannot do that - It says already purchased :|

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Andy, are you using zune or directly through the app marketplace on your phone?

Zune software.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Try going to the marketplace via your phone and try redownloading from there. Once Downloaded/Purchased you can't use Zune to redownload. Found this on the Marketplace forums.

in Zune go to Settings - Account - Purchase History - Apps. Do you see the Title listed there that you purchased? Even at the top of the page it states "To restore an app to your phone, please visit the app marketplace on your phone." It shouldn't charge you again unless you have two accounts but then that would have meant you have inserted your credit card info twice, which I'm assuming you did not. Which would mean you only have 1 account. Clearly something is wrong on Zune's end and I don't see why MS would not honor a refund in this case, you shouldn't be aloud to purchase twice.
    Found Here via this forum question Here

Hope that helps

CeltiKaos is offline New Member

Default Same problem

Hi,

Same problem for me. I have tried reinstalling from both phone *and* Zune software. Original download was direct to phone. The app I am trying to reinstall is a free one but it *still* says 'already purchased' on Zune and 'unable to retrieve information at this time'.

Surely Microsoft haven't dropped the ball on such a basic requirement?

Julian

Well, you cannot re-install it via the Zune software, but you can reinstall it via your Windows Phone, if the marketplace is available in your region.

CeltiKaos is offline New Member

Found resolution, deceptively simple and annoyed with myself for not trying it. Turn phone off, turn it back on. Go to Marketplace, re-download app. Job done.

That's *all* you need to do. Possibly hard reset (remove battery) if it's REALLY stubborn.

Julian