HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Post Fix WP7 Marketplace Error Codes : c101c401, c101c402 or c101c403

When you try to buy an application in Marketplace from your Windows Phone 7 or through the Zune software on your computer, the purchase fails.

You receive one of three errors:

• We're having trouble getting this info right now. Check back in a little while. Error code: c101c401
    • We're having trouble getting this info right now. Check back in a little while. Error code: c101c402
    • We’re having trouble getting this info right now. Check back in a little while. Error code: c101c403

Error code c101c401 denotes that the payment method associated with the Windows Live ID is out of date. For example, you have an expired credit card on file.

Error code c101c402 denotes that the address information for the associated Windows Live ID is out of date, or doesn’t match the information on file.

Error code c101c403 denotes that the account details in the associated Windows Live ID are out of date or invalid. For example, the phone number or email address does not match information the bank has on file.

To find how to resolve it, head over to KB2492461.

Jokester is offline New Member

I bought my HTC trophy on 6/30/11 i linked my Xbox Live account that has a VALID credit card on file and I am able to purchase points and games from console and Games for Windows live marketplace but when I try to buy them on my phone i still get this error message. Error code c101c401 denotes that the payment method associated with the Windows Live ID is out of date. For example, you have an expired credit card on file. I spent 4 days on the phone with Microsoft and Verizon trying to get this resolved but One side blames the other and so on. I have no idea how to get this going as all I am getting done is talking to bunch of reps that hang up on me after putting me on hold for 30mins then I call back and have to retell my story. I need help with my issue so I have turned to the internet to reach the masses Please Help. Thank you.