Shantanu is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Personalizing your Windows phone with top 10 apps

Windows phone has everything that a user wants. The UX and UI are just great. The marketplace is growing and everyone knows about the Zune and XBox 360 integration. My First Windows Phone 7 came as HTC HD7. Beginning to customize my WP as per my requirements I installed a number of apps, that suited to my purpose. So, here I am going to mention the basic and advanced apps that you might like with your Windows phone.

1.Adobe Reader Ė Lets you open the commonly used .pdf format files. Itís a must have if you use a lot of documents.
    2.Weather App Ė While HTC has a HTC Hub integrated that tells me the weather conditions of the area, you can go for the Weather app if you donít have a HTC device
    3.GPS App : Some Devices get free subscription, but some unfortunate like me have to suffice with Apps like GPS app. It works & if you need navigation , using Bing Maps is highly recommended.
    4.Whereís my car : It has proven itself a worthy app. In a crowded city where you donít know much of the sorroundings, This app uses a GPS tag with a photo and letís you see walking distance to your car. This is infact my one of the most used apps.
    5.Handy Scan : Scanning documents is also a pain when you are not at office/home or when there is no scanner around. Handy scan is really handy while scanning documents. It works well for a emergency scanner.
    6.IMDB : If you are a Movie krazy like me, IMDB app gets you information on each and movie just IMDB.com
    7.Pic2Shop : I used this app a lot of times while buying stuff off shelves and across the counter. It not only searches for the product also tells you the best deals on amazon etc.
    8.Twitter : If you are always tweeting this is the best app to get.
    9.Facebook app : This one needs a lot of addon features and development, but for now it works.
    10.Microsoft Translator : Ever stuck in a non-english place like france or italy , This app lets you translate anything you type in. It even speaks the translated text. Awesome app
    11.Foursquare : Best location tagging app

there are a few apps that can be added and are missing right now. But its just a start. There is a lot to happen.

Regards

M75
    M75 is offline New Member

Cool list, do you any other WP7 user know of any app for texting with speech. You talk, app types the text for you.

Shantanu is offline Microsoft MVP

There is no app right now that does this, except an app that is limited to LG phones. I guess work is being done on this. There is also something called "Tell ME" that might get introduced. Read about this somewhere.

FILLIB is offline New Member

Best Windows Phone App for manage film collection is FILLIB.

FILLIB is free and available at the Marketplace at the following url:
    It's called FILLIB (Film Library), the app allows you to manage your movie collection.
    The app lets you search for a movie by title and once selected you can add it to your personal library or to a wish list.
    Each film is accompanied by a series of information, such as: title, original title, description, poster, the director, producer,

actors, duration, and the trailer categories, all of this information is available in 16 languages​​.
    Once you've created your library can effettura on it searches for a title, regusta, producer, actor, year and category.
    The app lets you sync your collection with the web, and then the information will be also available on the website.
    This is a very handy feature, if the user decides to change the device to avoid losing all your data.
    The application also lets you use multiple devices with the same user, so everyone will have access to family archive and never

will buy a movie duplication.

DorisL is offline New Member

Thank you for this list!
    I want to share my great experience with a recently released windows fax app! With PopCompanion you can send and receive faxes using just your mobile phone! Scan your documents using your native camera and fax them – it’s as easy as that!