gosaka is offline New Member

Default Marketplace access from Phone in India

Hi ppl,

I wish to buy a WP7.Can any user from India please tell me whether Marketplace can be accessed from the handset and apps (both paid/free) can be downloaded from the phone itself.
    Because, I heard that apps can be bought only once from Zune software,using Marketplace Enabler. And that updates cant be downloaded by marketplace enabler. It has to be done by marketplace in the phone only...

If any existing user from India gives a positive response I all go ahead and buy a WP7 handset.....Please reply

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello there!

I'm not a Windows 7 phone users but according to this article this works Marketplace for Windows Phone 7 apps now working in India | ZDNet our admin is using W7P i'm sure he'll be happy to comment when he comes.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I am using WP7. You cannot download apps on your phone directly from the marketplace. Updates do not get downloaded via the phone. You have to connect your phone to your PC and install then via the Zune software. Using my credit card I am even able to buy paid apps. You can use Windows Phone MarketPlace Enabler.

The legal and other issues which were stopping MS from making marketplace available here have been addressed. The marketplace will be accessible in India after Mango is officially released here and/or around September/October this year.

gosaka is offline New Member

Thanks for your replies...

So now I ll go ahead and buy my first WP7 based on your assurances....thanks again