Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dennis121

Thread: Download large 50MB+ apps on Windows Phone without WiFi network

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Download large 50MB+ apps on Windows Phone without WiFi network

Your Windows Phone 8 mobile device requires you to connect to a Wi-Fi network, for downloading apps or games which are larger than 50MB in size. If you try to download large apps, you will be requested to connect to a WiFi.

You will see a message:

This item is too big to download over a mobile network. To download it, connect to a WiFi network.

Below the app or game, you will see a message: Waiting for WiFi

In case you dont have a wireless or WiFi connection or a 3G connection, you will not be able to download large apps.

I just bought a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8, and faced this situation. I was on 2G and I did not have a wireless connection at home.

This is what I did. I enabled Internet Connection Sharing & created a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 8 natively and was able to download large apps.

Hope this helps some of you some day!

Dennis121 is offline New Member

Default please help me!

I just bought a Windows Lumina 8 phone and I don't have Wi-Fi and when I try to download apps bigger than 50mbts it requires Wi-Fi. My plan is unlimited 4glte. I have no Wi-Fi. Is there anything I can do besides return phone
    steinem27 likes this.

steinem27 is offline New Member

I always download large files, movies and such, on my Lumia635 windows phone using 2G service (no wifi) usually with TubePro. takes a long time to download, but it's never been a problem..howver, today, for the first time, when I triy to download large files, with TubePro, I get the message "waiting for wifi" I don't.get this, my high speed data is capped at 1G, but when it's throttled down to 2G that's actually unlimited, so why am I suddenly unable to download large files using 2G?? Does this seem messed up to you, or anyone else, any suggestions?