Thread: Norton launches security tool for Facebook

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Default Norton launches security tool for Facebook

Norton has launched its first security application for Facebook to address the increasingly common menace posed by fake links and other infections.

Norton Safe Web for Facebook, which is currently in beta mode protects computer users by scanning their Facebook news feeds for malicious web addresses; and identifies risky sites before the user clicks through.

Norton Safe Web for Facebook helps protect you and your computer. Norton Safe Web is a website rating service from Symantec. Everyday Norton Safe Web analyzes several million of URLs to look for those containing security risks. The results from Norton's site rating analysis are used to warn users against sites that might infect their PCs or compromise their personal information.

Norton have said they are also looking at Twitter and myspace use for the future.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Interesting ... Anyone tried it?

optimus is offline Windows Enthusiast

i tried it...it is still in beta stage...if i'm correct,symentec going to add it to there new NIS2011...after,scanning my fb profile,it showed which links are safe,which are infected,which are unknow...it depend on user ratings...no proper scanning i think...

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

NEW! Auto-Scan Now Available.

To take advantage of this feature, click on the "Enable Auto-Scan" button on the scan summary page to have Safe Web check your News Feed for malicious links every hour and notify you if unsafe links are found.

bobby is offline Beginner

Nice software it is very helpful this way your computer will be protected from risk. Thanks for the information!