- 18th December 2011, 11:20 #1New Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
Does my computer have a virus? Too many popups!
I have norton 360 and this just started today every time i go into google or any search engine when i go to click on something i get advertising instead of what i wanted and tons of pop ups and this all started when i started using my yahoo email account again. I dont know what to do ive only had the laptop a few months and i bought it for school i can not afford another one and ive run tons of scans and turn up empty i know nortons not perfect but i have no idea what to do.
How do you tell if your computer has a virus?
- 18th December 2011, 13:37 #2
- 18th December 2011, 16:25 #3Moderator
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
download Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM) Emsisoft Anti-Malware for best protection - Free removal of Viruses, Bots, Spyware, Keyloggers, Trojans and Rootkits
as you can see on their website itīs has a VERY good detectionrate.
you can use it for FREE for 30 days.
or download Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit: portable malware scanner | Free removal of Viruses, Bots, Spyware, Keyloggers and Trojans
itīs the same Antivirusscanner as in Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM)
Emsisoft has much better detection than MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) !
Last edited by hackerman1; 18th December 2011 at 16:29.A VERY nice page in the war against unwanted emails: AuditMyPC.com
- 18th December 2011, 16:56 #4
Hi, sfombom. Welcome to The Windows Club.
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List Installed Programs
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Regarding Malwarebytes, it is best run in Normal Mode, not Safe Mode. In addition, a quick scan is all that is needed. Please see the following instructions:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, be sure Quick scan is selected, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, EXCEPT items in System Restore as shown in this sample:
- Click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See the Note below)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Please post contents of that file in your next reply.
** Note **
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
- 19th December 2011, 12:18 #5New Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
Will Norton 360 interfere with Malwarebytes ?
- 19th December 2011, 13:50 #6
No, Norton 360 won't interfere with Malwarebytes.