Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Corrine

Thread: How to remove Babylon search & toolbar from IE in Windows XP SP3

jody24 is offline New Member

Default How to remove Babylon search & toolbar from IE in Windows XP SP3

I'm somewhat novice. Am I in the right place to get help ridding XP3 IE of the babylon search & toolbar? I've tried everything! Well maybe not EVERYTHING.There's the skeet shoot commin up.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, jody24. Welcome to The Windows Club!

The Babylon toolbar generally gets added with third-party software. It is important to watch each screen when installing programs for pre-checked extras.

If there is a Babylon icon in the system tray (lower right of your screen next to the system clock - note, in Windows 7, depending on your settings it may not be visible. Click the arrow and look for the icon.) Click the icon and select "Exit" and "Yes" to confirm.

Next check Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features to see if it is listed in installed programs. If so, uninstall it from there. If not, do the following:

1. Click the Windows "Start" menu, type "appwiz.cpl" in the Search field and press "Enter."
    2. Scroll through the programs folder and click "Babylon Toolbar." Click "Uninstall" and click "Yes" to confirm the uninstall process.
    3. Click "Start," select "Computer" and open the "Local Disk C:" drive. Open the "Programs Files" folder.
    4. Right-click the Babylon folder it and click "Delete." Click "Yes" to confirm your choice. Empty the "Recycle Bin."

BabylonLTD is offline New Member

Dea Jody24:

Babylon Offers a full service for all its products and features valid from the Babylon Store and on the world wide web
    You can gain a full support and assistance on how to remove Babylon from your computer by the following ways :

Phone-18668086361 (US)
    Email: Support(at)babylon.com
    Website for Chat and Q& A : Search google for Babylon support (we are not allowed to post links here :-( )

Babylon holds more than 150 Million Clients worldwide, with reputation for 15 Years, Babylon has no intention to destroy that reputation and therefor offers help and assistance for anyone who seeks for , in order
    To make sure the Software will work or be removed if the client requires it ,feel free to contact us
    Thank you in Advance

Babylon

Why should it be difficult to remove Babylon? A simple Add/Remove entry is what is expected.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

I wonder if the Babylon representatives are still around. It is turning out to be one of the most obnoxious, troublesome programs for users to remove.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

LOL, after you post, I searched for 'Babylon search & toolbar' and all I got was entries for how to remove the toolbar get rid of it!

zamira is offline New Member

I had the same problem before, but don't know how did I get rid of it.