Psych101 is offline New Member

Default URGENT Startup Repair Problems (I Need Help ASAP)...

I've tried System Restore and I've been running anti-virus scans almost constantly for the past couple of days, but I still haven't mitigated the atrocious start up lag I am currently experiencing.

Since my computer cannot Start Up normally (and apparently Start Up Repair cannot repair the system automatically even when I try the different Start Up Repair Opinions, my computer takes about 20 to 25 minutes to start up every time I boot it (from pushing the power button all the way to having a fully functional OS). Also, the computer takes about 1 minute to simply activate Sleep or Hibernation Mode, and an inordinate amount of time (roughly 5 minutes) to shut down. As such the abnormally long start-up and time it takes to achieve sleep, hibernation, and shutdown mode is extremely handicapping to my busy schedule, and therefore I would like to find a solution to this problem.

Oh by the way, I am currently using a laptop right now. I've had it for 3 years and 1 month and I use it for about 6-10 hours a day on average. I don't download extensively from it but I do watch a lot of youtube videos on it. However, I mainly use it for work (typing up reports) and Internet browsing. So I think this unbelievable lag could be an ailment caused by the laptop's age. However, I suspect viruses (and/or other software/ OS problems) as well as possible hardware problems could be the cause of this problem. Nonetheless, I would greatly appreciate it if somebody here could tell how I can solve these atrocious OS loading problems.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, Psych101. If you would like me to check your logs for malware, please do the following:

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here.
    Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
    • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
      • DDS.txt
      • Attach.txt
    • Save both reports to your desktop.

-----------------------------------------------------

Please include the following logs in your reply:
    • Contents of the DDS.txt posted as text in your reply
    • Post a copy of the Attach.txt to your post as well. It may be necessary to create a second reply if the Attach.txt is lengthy.