chrisbuck9 is offline Beginner

Default Shortcut key to disable Webcam in Windows

We've all seen the news and about the russian site that is accessing webcams, baby monitors and more.

i'm wondering if anyone knows away of making a shorcut key to disable the webcam, obviously without having to log into device manager to disable and enable the device, its got my partner really paranoid.

Personally i dont give a hoot, but my daughter often uses the computer and i dont like the idea of someone being able to access the cam and microphone.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

It depends on what software is dealing with the cam. As an example Flash, under golbal settings, allows for the setting of access to the cam.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You may have to use Devcon. It is a command-line tool that acts as an alternative to Device Manager, using which, you can enable, disable, restart, update, remove, and query individual devices or groups of devices. This tutorial looks good and may help you create shortcut to disable / enable your webcam. You can also use a freeware called WebCam On-Off to turn off or turn on your webcam in a click