Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hackerman1

Thread: How many people click on links in email ?

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

Default How many people click on links in email ?

Phishy cyber-criminals 'go corporate' with social engineering

Cyber-criminals are increasingly using social engineering tactics to target middle managers in business, leaving sensitive data at risk,
    according to a new report from Proofpoint.

Phishy cyber-criminals 'go corporate' with social engineering

"The security and compliance vendor's second annual ‘The Human Factor Report 2015' reveals that 2014 was the year attackers “went corporate”,
    moving away from high-volume consumer attacks to more sophisticated approaches targeting middle managers in business who are often overloaded with information.

The report, which is based on customer data, found that, on average, users click on one in every 25 malicious messages,
    with click rates doubling year-on-year for middle managers.
    "

"But arguably the most worrying statistics of the report were that attackers were able to lure two-out-of-three users into clicking on the email the first time around, with 96 percent of all clicks occurring by the end of the day, representing a significant rise from 66 percent in 2014 and 39 percent in 2013.
    "

Full story: Phishy cyber-criminals 'go corporate' with social engineering - SC Magazine UK

Be careful with emails when you are tired....
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Phoebe is offline Beginner

If I subscription by myself, if there is some links in email, i would click it when i am interested in it, other mails like ADS, Usually, just look at some of the title, thenn deleted it directly.
    Many spam messages are able to unsubscribe. only need clean up the mail subscription list.

RolandJS is offline Windows Enthusiast

Unless I receive a specific email due to my specific request -- I never click on any URL inside of an email. I did that once or twice before I put brain in gear, thankfully FF's NoScript stopped loading cold.