Nortons is offline New Member

Default Malwarebytes flags up PUP.Optional.Winsock.WinsockRst

Malwarebytes ANTI-MALWARE flag up PUP.Optional.Winsock.WinsockRst. Is this Hi-jack or part of windows. I removed Winsock and it is re-installed again, flag up again with another scan. Could this be because of Real Player download or Audacity. I saw Winsock part of windows & Winsock.Hijack is Trojan.

Advice Please
    Regards
    Nortons

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

Since this is about MBAM perhaps it would be better to ask about this on their own forum ?
    Its not wrong to ask here, but you should be able to get a better answer there...

Nortons is offline New Member

Thanks for info and I will ask in MBAM in day time. I have Microsoft security essential which is really no good. I also use free Malwarebytes and free Norton Power Erase which does not stop downloads, so they will tell me to buy their product. Microsoft got a page about Winsock which is legal. And it seems, a virus from downloads Winsock.Hi-jack, which needs to be removed that other sites explained, but I don't know where it's coming from.

Thanks for MBAM Forum info
    regards
    Nortons (seems I used same usage name without intention)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

PUP is Potentially Unwanted Program. It is not necessary malware. If you know the particular program to be safe add it to the exclusion list, else delete it if you are iin doubt.