greg362 is offline New Member

Default Windows Defender infinite threat deletion attempt

So when I hit clean PC the progress bar halves every time in how long it progresses until eventually the bar will not move and gets stuck.
    The items it says are a threat doesn't seem like it makes sense because my D drive is the backup drive so how can their be a virus in a folder that doesn't exist. I must just not understand how Windows Defender outputs data... The only thing I can think of is that it's an admin problem or something.
    Ran other antivirus software and it seems to keep coming back and its super annoying how useless windows defender seems to be atm. :/ Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Virus (Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
    containerfile:\preload\base.wim
    file:\preload\base.wim->(Image9727)\Program Files (x86)\HP Games\Polar Golfer\golf-WT.exe->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tino is offline Beginner

Use AdwClener from https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewd.../1-adwcleaner/ - it's fast and reliable.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If you can access the location of the file, delete it manually. Else boot in Safe Mode and run your antivirus scan and delete it.

james707 is offline New Member

Thanks for posting this interesting topic. I found your post very interesting.