Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

You can take ownership of the registry keys required once in the registry by changing the permissions. It wouldn't be a good idea to take ownership of the registry "en masse".

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

thanks for the post, just did it on my win 7 and it worked

john woo is offline New Member

" With Administrator Approval Mode, Windows Vista will run most applications with standard user permissions even if the user is an administrator. If a user wishes to run a program that requires administrator permissions, they must give consent through a User Account Control prompt."

cyberlads is offline New Member

Default Error message after trying to change owner

Hi,
    Followed steps as well described at beginning of thread, but when I click on OK after changing Current Owner fron TrustedInstaller to me then I get the following message box:
    Unable to set new owner on Vista (K) the system cannot find the file specified.

I should state that I've got this drive from a laptop thats died, and the owner would like me to retrieve his data, so its currently plugged in as a USB drive.

dementia77 is offline New Member

Cool Thanks for this info!

The Ultimate Windows Tweaker works a charm! So much simpler to right click and take ownership than to go through all the steps to do it individually.... I just reinstalled Windows 7 on my laptop and was having file permission issues with my external harddrive with file permissions and this program is definitely one of my new 'must have' programs. Thank you so much HappyAndyK for posting the link to the program!
    Last edited by dementia77; 9th November 2011 at 20:58.

peg
    peg is offline New Member

Hi
    I tried to download UWT but blocked by Chrome saying it is malicious/infected.Basically I am one of the user having Administrator permissions and installed practically all the softwares.For some time now each time windows 7 Pro SP1 which I am using , is rebooted subfolders in the program startup menu show empty/convert to shortcut sign for which each time administration access/rights have to restored/reactivated individually through properties and not able to understand why it happens.Have run SFC command which shows no corrupted files.Any solution to fix it please?Is there any single command/software which can fix this problem.I also noticed that each time windows is rebooted ,it runs decrypting command on its own.I checked certifcates installation and notice that personal certificate is installed on my system in my ID.Could that be the problem and I should uninstall the certificate though it says without encryption all personal information will be decrypted exposing personal information over internet.Please advise.

peg

By Administrator, I mean for my PC

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi,

I just tried it with Chrome and was able to download both, UWT2 for Windows 7 as well as UWT3 for Windows 8. Could it be your AV that is blocking it?

These are the download links.

For W7: Your download of UWT2 will start in 5 seconds ...
    For W8: Your download of UWT3 will start in 5 seconds ...

Else try using a different browser and see if it helps.

peg

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    I don't mean to be rude to eset_boy but there is a registry tweak that lets you have the 'Take Ownership' action on the right click menu. This way you right click on the file and select. If anyone is interested just let me know and I will post it.
    HI
    I am interested in getting Registry Tweak if you could please send the link.Also,I am using Windows 7 Pro SP1 and there appears to be problem with permissions/privilege despite thah I am the administrator in UAC. After every restart/rebooting the startup menu subfolders for many installed programs become empty or shortcut sign which then have to be given administration control through properties-security tabs.Is it possible to fix it with one command/program rather than doing separately for each installed program and it can be made stable.
    Thanks

rmckim is offline New Member

Yes - works perfectly in 7 !

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last