Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Windows 7 Sticky Notes - Everything the Notes Gadget wasn't!

lynchnigel is offline New Member

I lost a note by the way of it being blank upon starting windows 7! which is the first time its happened but come across a way to retrieve it....
    You do need to have 'system protection' enabled.

To turn on system protection:

System protection is automatically turned on for the drive that Windows is installed on. You can turn it on for other drives by following the steps below.

Click to open System.

In the left pane, click System protection. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the drive, and then click Configure.

Do one of the following:

To turn on the ability to restore system settings and previous version of files, click Restore system settings and previous versions of files.

To turn on the ability to restore previous version of files, click Only restore previous versions of files.

Click OK.

If you have had the above running then you can use this to restore the note.

1) Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes --- use the run box to copy and paste that in, which if you dont have a 'run box' use the windows key and 'r' key to open one...
    2) There should be a file there called 'StickyNotes.snt' right click that and go to properties..
    3) Go to the previous version tab on the far right side.
    4) And select a previous version once they show, if you have had system protection you should have other versions show.
    5) if you click restore you might get a box showing that it cant be restore as the application is being used.
    6) If this happens close sticky notes using the 'x' in the corner of the note.
    6) Once closed click restore once again.
    7) Walla!! reopen sticky notes from the task bar or within accessories.

terry2257 is offline New Member

My problem was how to minimize Sticky Notes to the taskbar. It happened every now and again and I could not understand why. Then whow. I clicked on the 'Show Desktop' section of the taskbar in Win7 and it worked. Much easier than the other suggestions I have seen.

BrisbaneIT is offline New Member

An oldie (now) but a goodie.

bishoy is offline New Member

Thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 3 First 123