Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Windows 7 Sticky Notes - Everything the Notes Gadget wasn't!

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Default Windows 7 Sticky Notes - Everything the Notes Gadget wasn't!

Previously i had observed in my http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...reenshots.html thread that the Notes gadget is missing from Windows 7, and instead the sticky notes app has been given prime time position as a replacement for the Notes gadget.

I have been using the sticky notes app for two weeks now, i leave a lot of notes to myself to make sure i remember stuff , and i must say it is a much better notes and postit solution as compared to the very basic and now seemingly useless notes gadget.

Without bothering you with text, i will let the screenshots do all the talking.

This is how the sticky notes open up on the first launch.

I have already forgotten Vista, so am not sure if Vista too supported notes of different colors, but here you go, Wid 7 does.

Now this is my biggest complaing of the notes gadget resolved, multiple notes lying all over your screen Feels much more personal this way.

Another improvement over the notes gadget, keep typing and your note will automatically increase in lenght. Make way for the To-Do lists!

Offering more customizations, a user can now simply drag and resize the note according to his wishes.

The notes are readble via the taskbar previews, a simple but still productive tweak.

Sticky Notes is the only app other than Windows Live Messenger offering a productive use of the jump lists!

vagner likes this.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nice presentation.

Btw, in case one closes the Vista Notes Gadgets one could recover using the lost notes by following the following process suggested by our MVP collegue Pal : Retrieve Lost Notes Of Windows Vista Sidebar Notes Gadget

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

In Sticky Notes app, you can close the sticky notes without having to lose the notes

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

Its a nice review. How did I miss it! Thank you, bro.

iMav is offline Gold Member

@alsiladka, yeah you can change colors in Vista. :P

diegol66 is offline New Member

Great post... but... I don't like the default font that this app uses. Is there a way to change the default font? I didn't find the way no matter where I look!
    Thanks in advance for your help!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Nice post alsiladka, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alsiladka View Post
    Sticky Notes is the only app other than Windows Live Messenger offering a productive use of the jump lists!
    Sorry but I have to disagree on that one. I find the recent history of the MS office suite very productive, same with the windows explorer. The jumplist for Powershell is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by diegol66 View Post
    Great post... but... I don't like the default font that this app uses. Is there a way to change the default font? I didn't find the way no matter where I look!
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Hit F1 while a note is active for help on "some" formatting commands. The default font is not changeable. You have two options as far as I know to manage the font, type the text in another app and format it the way you want it then paste it in the note or there is a trick talked about here; Windows 7 sticky notes of removing the Segoe Print font to force notes to use the MS Sans Serif font by default. I haven't tried it, so use at your own risk.

I used sticky notes for a while but the minute I got OneNote I switched over to it for all my notes. OneNote rocks.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Thanks for the link andy very useful. I didn't even realize there was such options

Swoph is offline New Member

Hi there

Just wondering if there is a way that I can pin the Sticky Notes gadget to my gadget bar. I love using it but I hate that when I have Stickties on my desktop the application is on my toolbar.

Does anyone know how I can add it to my gadgets or have them open without them being in my toolbar. I am using Windows 7. Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast