HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Wink How to get back the old Movie maker in Windows 7

Now you will ask, why would you want the old version when Windows 7 has a newer one to offer !

If you have installed the new version of Windows Live Movie Maker, you will find that features like timeline & audio edits have been removed along with the ability to overlay text on a video, along with a few other changes; with a view to simplifying its operations.

But those of you who want the old version back may simply download and use it from : Download details: Windows Movie Maker 2.6

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Thanks ! Anand. Movie Maker Beta in Live Essentials has limited controls.
    its alternative. Moive Maker 2.6 had been offered for low end PCs that unable to run Windows Vista's Movie Maker.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

They advertised their "new" WMM here ( Making movies is getting a lot easier - Windows Live ). You may want to read thru the comments. The users (including myself) are appauled. I wonder whether they will use any of the inputs. This is a typical case where a development group is funded beyond "end of life" and they have to find a justification for their existance. I have seen that too often in my 35 years of software development life.

seti is offline Member

Thanks Andy personally I love the old movie maker as it was easy to use and I'm going to download this as I have a project in mind.

Damien5280 is offline New Member

Thank you so much for this link. I preferred the older version myself.
    One of my favorite sites is OldVersion.com, their motto being "because newer is not always better". My other fave is OldApps.com

On that note, I still prefer Acrobat 6, which in spite of the "so-called" compatibility issues with Windows 7, runs beautifully if you tell it to run it anyway.

The "experts" aren't always right.

Thanks again!

~Damien

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

You can install WMM Version 6.0 from Vista too. Here is how: Windows Movie Maker 6.0 - Install on Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums