Page 2 of 2 First 12
    nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Microsoft itself provides a external pack of cool system utilities named as sysinternal suite. it is a good pack of utilities which are very simple to handle and use....and they are free to use also...

get this suite from here

leofelix is offline Member

very good tutorial nitinagarwal1988, not only for beginners I would add, thank you

In relation to startup files I'd manage them with CCleaner, Winpatrol (as someone wisely said) or simply by launching HijackThis and fixing unnecessary startup items.
    I think StartupLite is another very good tool too

Malwarebytes.org

It happened to me to help people who could not succeed to boot in safe mode ('cause of some types of malware infections) suggesting them to use BootSafe (for Win98/2000/XP not for Vista unfortunately)
    BootSafe - Makes rebooting in Safe Mode a Snap!

Once again thank you

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks for your appreciation guys....
    its my pleasure to share here...
    but as much i experienced if vista's UAC and windows defender is enabled fully then there is no chance to get it infected through any malware or virus or anything else...
    i myself run windows vista with sp1 with only UAC and defender enabled and having no other security suite installed for 2 months, using full-fleged internet....but i didn't found a single infection in my pc after installing and scanning it from nod32 somedays ago...

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    It happened to me to help people who could not succeed to boot in safe mode ('cause of some types of malware infections) suggesting them to use BootSafe (for Win98/2000/XP not for Vista unfortunately)
    BootSafe - Makes rebooting in Safe Mode a Snap!
    BootSafe has the same inherent problem as msconfig and particularly should not be used when there is a malware infection. Users of SuperAntiSpyware should also beware of the safeboot option provided by that software. It does the same as BootSafe and msconfig.

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    BootSafe has the same inherent problem as msconfig and particularly should not be used when there is a malware infection. Users of SuperAntiSpyware should also beware of the safeboot option provided by that software. It does the same as BootSafe and msconfig.
    Thanks Corrine, I'm not a SuperAntiSpyware fan even if I've to admit is a powerful antispyware as good as MalwareBytes' AntiMalware (I'm a proud beta tester of MBAM)
    A part of that I didn't know BootSafe could not be used when there is a malware infection I shall treasure your information

Roddaz is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Thats great Thank You.

janac is offline New Member

thank you, this was EXACTLY what i was googling for. i signed up on this forum, just so i could express my appreciation for your post.

Page 2 of 2 First 12