Page 2 of 2 First 12
    japp is offline Gold Member

Very nice

Tarun is offline Beginner

Registry defragging is a placebo effect. They've debunked this many years ago. In fact, I believe it was an article by Mark Russinovich.

I don't believe registry backups are necessary in this day and age either. Simply because System Restore handles the backing up of registry hives. And System Restore has definitely gotten a lot better since Vista's release. In Windows XP it was okay but it has really improved.

Fonebone is offline New Member

Tarun, I'm sure you are right in general, but some of us Windows 7 users find that their System Restore does not work: either it does not set System Restore Points or, the Restore Points can be set but SR hangs forever and never executes a Restore Operation. (In my case, it's the latter.)

So, alternatives are needed when a user has tried everything to get System Restore working, but without success.
    Last edited by Fonebone; 3rd March 2011 at 13:11.

StrayCat is offline Senior Member

Still runs like a gem over here.

It looked quite obvious back then ,but maybe I should've mentioned you'll have to do a restore using ERDNT.exe ( in the date backup folder) with the right click option 'run as admin'.

WebDesign is offline New Member

Hello every body .....let me thank you for those links. I will check them out and report then..
    Thank for the interesting tutorial

Good tutorial
    Last edited by LeeW; 22nd April 2011 at 04:21.

Page 2 of 2 First 12